USA Hire System Requirements
Please be advised that you are about to take one or more online assessments that will become part of your application for employment. Your assessment responses will be used for this job opportunity and reused for future job opportunities requiring the same assessment(s) for 12 months. Other grade levels or job series may require the same assessment(s). You will not be able to retake the assessment(s) for a period of 12 months from the time you complete the assessment(s). This assessment reuse policy does not restrict your ability to apply to other job opportunity announcements within this 12-month window. Before beginning the assessment(s), note the following:
- It may take up to three hours to complete your assigned assessments; however, most applicants complete the assessment(s) in less time . You may stop in the middle of an assessment and return to the point where you stopped at a later time, although we encourage you to complete all assessments in one sitting. You must complete all assessment(s) by the due date provided in the Job Opportunity Announcement.
- You should complete the assessments on a desktop or laptop computer. Mobile devices such as tablets and phones are not supported.
- Before beginning the assessments, you must verify the computer you are using meets the following system requirements:
- A broadband internet connection. Dial-up connections can impact the delivery and display of the assessments.
- The current or prior major releases of one of the following web browsers are supported: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Microsoft Edge.
- Pop-up blockers are disabled.
- The computer's speakers are on. Note: Assessments that include audio also include closed captions.
- Once you have verified your computer meets the requirements above, click here to view sample items from the USA Hire online assessments. These sample items should provide an indication of whether the computer you are using is likely to experience any delivery or display issues during testing.
- Be sure you are testing in a location with limited background noise.
- You should have a calculator and scratch paper available before you begin the assessment(s). Some assessments may require a calculator and/or scratch paper.
- After completing an assessment, you will be asked to certify that all of the information you provided is true, correct, and provided in good faith. You will be asked to certify that you worked independently and did not gain any form of assistance while completing the assessment(s). If you fail to certify after an assessment, that assessment will not be scored and you will be ineligible for further consideration for the Job Opportunity Announcement to which you applied.
- All of the assessments meet the WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility guidelines and are compliant with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- If you wish to request an assessment accommodation for a disability (physical or mental) that might interfere with completing the online assessment(s), DO NOT proceed to the next screen. Close your browser and return to the Job Opportunity Announcement on USAJOBS.gov for more information on how to request a Reasonable Accommodation for the assessments. If you have a qualifying disability as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended or the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 as amended, you should review the sample item page to assist you in determining whether an accommodation request is necessary. Click here to view sample items from the USA Hire online assessments.
- If you have questions about the computer requirements, please contact the USA Hire Help Desk